Believe it or not, a lot of citizens and entities can benefit from EU funds. There is a wide and varied range of EU funding opportunities, each of which comes with its eligibility criteria. Throughout the years, Funding Support's team has assisted a varied range of clients. To give a clearer idea of who can benefit from EU funds, we have prepared the following list of potential beneficiaries (which may include you!):
- SMEs which can obtain EU funding in the form of grants, loans and in some cases guarantees. Self-employed individuals can also partake in some funding programmes.
- Voluntary Organisations, also referred to as NGOs, can also apply for a wide range of EU funds in-line with EU policy areas.
- Young people aged between 13-31 and organisations active in the field of youth are also eligible for a number of funding opportunities such as calls under Erasmus+, amongst others.
- Researchers can also benefit from EU funds, and this comes as no surprise as Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever, with nearly €80 billion of funding available for the 2014-2020 programming period.
- Farmers benefit from three specific funding programmes: the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) and via direct payments through the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund (EAGF).
- Fishermen can tap into EU funds falling under the scope of the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
- Government entities also have a wide range of EU funding opportunities. Most of these funds support economic, social and territorial cohesion in regions that are entitled for funding.
- Besides the above mentioned potential beneficiaries, one can also benefit from funds which are based on specific areas of interest. Some funding programmes for example target: asylum, migration, integration, security research, borders and drug policy initiatives.
To sum it all up; even though you might think that EU funding is not for you, there is a big chance that an opportunity exists. Furthermore, we can also provide technical guidance along the way to make sure you manage to obtain the grant. Funding Support is also offering training and tailor-made training sessions for individuals and organisations interested in acquiring more information on EU funds. Get in touch by clicking here!